October 18th - October 21st
Aiken City Limits
Ready for a weekend of music? Like the country? Gospel? Bluegrass? Alternative? Rock? Well, then c’mon to Aiken for a weekend of all things music. Not only will you discover the charm of this beautiful city that was recently named Southern Living’s Best Small Town, but you’ll also enjoy the sounds of awesome music everywhere you go. Click here for the top 10 reasons to make a weekend of it!
What it’s All About
It’s all about the collaboration. It’s all about that Aiken atmosphere. It’s all about a good time and good music in Aiken. Throughout the weekend of October 18th-21st you will find music on every street corner in Aiken.
Aiken City Limits is a city-wide music festival that started in 2017 when a few major music events throughout Aiken shared the same weekend. The organizers of those events were determined to collaborate and create a weekend where the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. With help from Aiken Downtown Development Association and The City of Aiken Tourism Department, we reached our goal to show that Aiken can support a diverse and wide spread weekend of individually run events. There is a true love for Aiken during ACL as families and friends, young and old, ride the City Trolley around to attend the music events. There is something for everyone to enjoy as we see The City of Aiken connect through music.
Aiken City Limits enhances the considerable music reputation Aiken already has through events like Aiken Bluegrass Festival, Amp the Alley, Aiken Music Fest, Aiken’s Oktoberfest, Joye in Aiken, and all of our other cultural offerings. The 2018 Aiken City Limits continues this collaborative approach to connect vibrant neighborhoods, diverse music genres, and music lovers throughout the city limits. This year will feature a stellar line up of events that include local and national touring musicians.
Schedule Of Events
Thursday – 18th
• Amp The Alley with Shep and Michael Baideme (7:00pm-10:00pm).
• 4 Cats in the Dog House at The Willcox (7:00pm-9:00pm)
• Third Time Charmers at The Red Pepper starting at 8:00pm
• Karaoke at The Aiken Brewing Company starting at 9:00pm
+ Passion Worship Nights at Millbrook Baptist Church starting at 7:00pm. GET YOUR TICKETS HERE!
Friday – 19th
• John Vaughn at The Willcox (6:00pm-9:00pm)
+ Beaux Arts Masquerade Fundraiser at Aiken Center for the Arts (7:30-10:30pm). GET YOUR TICKETS HERE!
• Bethany & The Southside Boys at Houndslake Country Club (6:00pm – 9:00pm)
• Halloween Silent Disco at The Alley Taproom (9:00pm – 12:00am). GET YOUR TICKETS HERE!
• Live Music at The Aiken Brewing Company starting at 9:30pm
Saturday – 20th (trolley from 12 – 10:30/11)
• Live Music at the Farmer’s Market
• Open Mic at the Indie Arts Vintage Market (9:00am-1:00pm)
• Depot Jam at the Aiken Visitors Center and Train Museum (11:00am-1:00pm)
• Enjoy Arts in the Parkways and Buskers all around (12:00pm-5:00pm) – check out our map for more information!
• Poetry & Art featuring a DJ at Perry Park (2:00pm-4:00pm)
• Mike Frost at Highland Park Grille at Aiken Golf Club (2:00pm-5:00pm)
• Atomic Road at Atoms in The Alley (5:00pm-7:00pm)
• Under the Sonar at Vintage Music (5:30pm-6:30pm)
• Barry Richman & Jesse Williams Band at Aiken Music Fest at Highfields (6:00pm-10:00pm)
• Trey & Company in The Alley presented by Amp The Alley (7:00pm-10:00pm)
+ The After Party featuring The Trongone Band & Friends for an Allman Brothers Jam Fest at Newberry Hall doors open at 9:30 and the show starts at 10:00pm – 1:30am. GET YOUR TICKETS HERE!
Sunday – 21st
• Jaycee + Taylor at Brunch in The Alley(12:00pm-3:00pm). Book your Brunch at The Alley Taproom HERE or enjoy Brunch at Mellow Mushroom!
• John Vaughn at Brunch @ The Willcox
+ Sunset Soiree & Dance Party at a Surprise Location (5:00pm-9:00pm). GET YOUR TICKETS HERE!
Most events are FREE ADMISSION! Events marked with + are ticketed events.
Getting Around #AikenTrolley
Want to check out the multiple free music venues on Saturday? Hop on the free City of Aiken Trolley for stops all around Downtown. Enjoy the flavor of the moment with local musicians on board to serenade and strum along the way.
Under the Sonar 5:30 – 6:30
Aiken Youth Orchestra/Aiken Civic Orchestra 12:00 – 1:00
Marvin B 1:00 – 3:00
Gavin Winship 3:00 – 5:00
Jean Wert 12:00 – 2:00
Road N’ Rails 2:00 – 3:00
Soul Creed 12:00 – 2:00
K.C. Ronsfeu 2:00 – 5:00
New Moon Café
Vicky Grady 12:00 – 2:00
Center for African American History, Art, and Culture
Poetry reading 1:00 – 3:00
Jean Wert 2:00 – 5:00
Chris Hardy 5:00 – 7:00
Mike & Walt 7:00 – 11:00
WHAT IS BUSKING? – Busking is the act of performing in public places for gratuities which is perfect for Aiken’s weekend of all things music! Stay tuned for our list of buskers and where to check them out.