October 18th - October 21st
Aiken City Limits
Ready for a weekend of music? Like the country? Gospel? Bluegrass? Alternative? Rock? Well, then c’mon to Aiken for a weekend of all things music. Not only will you discover the charm of this beautiful city that was recently named Southern Living’s Best Small Town, but you’ll also enjoy the sounds of awesome music everywhere you go. Click here for the top 10 reasons to make a weekend of it!
What it’s All About
It’s all about the collaboration. It’s all about that Aiken atmosphere. It’s all about a good time and good music in Aiken. Throughout the weekend of October 18th-21st you will find music on every street corner in Aiken.
Aiken City Limits is a city-wide music festival that started in 2017 when a few major music events throughout Aiken shared the same weekend. The organizers of those events were determined to collaborate and create a weekend where the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. With help from Aiken Downtown Development Association and The City of Aiken Tourism Department, we reached our goal to show that Aiken can support a diverse and wide spread weekend of individually run events. There is a true love for Aiken during ACL as families and friends, young and old, ride the City Trolley around to attend the music events. There is something for everyone to enjoy as we see The City of Aiken connect through music.
Aiken City Limits enhances the considerable music reputation Aiken already has through events like Aiken Bluegrass Festival, Amp the Alley, Aiken Music Fest, Aiken’s Oktoberfest, Joye in Aiken, and all of our other cultural offerings. The 2018 Aiken City Limits continues this collaborative approach to connect vibrant neighborhoods, diverse music genres, and music lovers throughout the city limits. This year will feature a stellar line up of events that include local and national touring musicians.
Schedule Of Events
Thursday – 18th
• Amp The Alley (7-10pm)
• 4 Cats in the Dog House at The Willcox(7-9pm)
• Live Music at The Red Pepper starting at 8pm
• Karaoke at The Aiken Brewing Companystarting at 9pm
+ Passion Worship Nights at Millbrook Baptist Church starting at 7pm
Friday – 19th
• John Vaughn at The Willcox(6-9pm)
+ Aiken Center for the ArtsBeaux Arts Masquerade Fundraiser (7:30-10:30pm)
• Bethany & The Southside Boys at Houndslake Country Club (6:00pm – 9:00pm)
• Live Music at The Aiken Brewing Company starting at 9:30pm
Saturday – 20th (trolley from 12 – 10:30/11)
• Live Music at the Farmer’s Market
• Open Mic at the Indie Arts Vintage Market (9am – 1pm)
• Depot Jam at the Aiken Visitors Center and Train Museum (11am-1pm)
• Enjoy Arts in the Parkways and Buskers all around (12 – 5pm) – check out our map for more information!
• Poetry & Art featuring a DJ at Perry Park (2-4pm)
• Atomic Road at Atoms in The Alley (5-7pm)
• Trey & Company in The Alley (7-10pm)
• Barry Richman & Kenney George at Aiken Music Fest at Highfields (6-10pm)
+ The After Party featuring The Trongone Band & Friends for an Allman Brothers Jam Fest at Newberry Hall doors open at 9:30 and the show starts at 10 – 1:30am
Most events are FREE ADMISSION! Events marked with + are ticketed events.
Getting Around #AikenTrolley
Want to check out the multiple free music venues on Saturday? Hop on the free City of Aiken Trolley for stops all around Downtown. Enjoy the flavor of the moment with local musicians on board to serenade and strum along the way.